BarCamp Goa is at BITS Pilani Goa Campus on October 30th, 2011. BarCamp Goa or BCG(#bcgoa) is the biggest and coolest techy event in Goa.
Don’t know what a barcamp is?
BarCamp is an international network of user generated conferences – open, participatory workshop-events, whose content is provided by participants – often focusing on early-stage web applications, and related open source technologies, social protocols, and open data formats.
BarCamp Goa will be at BITS Pilani Goa Campus.
You can register for the event in the BarCamp Goa Site. As of yet we have 34 attendees.
If you want to handle a session at BarCamp, you can add yourself in the sessions page.
BarCamps So Far…
If you are still hesitant about coming to BCG(#bcgoa), checkout these links…Read More
An Initiative to Enhance Employability of Information Technology Professionals
1. Industry Context
• Large Business Potential confronted with Talent Shortage
• FICCI survey reveals that Employability is a great concern for today’s students
• McKinsey and Company Survey – Roughly 25,000 IT graduates every year, of whom
about 25% are likely to be employed
• Study by Harvard University – 85% of Jobs and Promotions are because of the
candidate’s Attitude and only 15% due to facts and figures a candidate has
2. iElite Programme Objectives
• To enhance the standard of fresh IT graduates so that they become ‘industry ready’
• To create a platform where students can work towards accessing their skills required
to get into the industry
• To bridge the gap between industry expectations and education curriculum and
• To provide both technical and soft skills to students to enhance their employability
• To reinforce the skills of a student on a continuous basis and acquire industry specific
knowledge from experts from Industry
3. iElite Programme Benefits
• University / College
o The University / Colleges will be able to attract better corporate placements based on the efforts and results delivered at the end of the iElite programme implementation
o Improved brand image of the University / College within the Industry
o Minimal overhead in terms of Training Logistics. iElite Management will ensure complete end to end roll out of the programme.
o Acquire IT Industry Exposure and Experience
o Access to Industry oriented curriculum that enhances the employability of a student in an IT enterprise
o Opportunity to get Certified on the IBM Product Platform
o Opportunity to undergo Soft Skills Training with strong focus on Attitude,
Communication and Etiquette
o Training and Mentoring by Industry Experts who have a proven track record of 15+ Years in Top 10 Indian IT Companies
o Access to Case Studies, Competency Assessments, Query resolution as well as Professional Networking within the IT Industry
o iElite Courseware will be designed and updated on a continuous basis keeping in mind the current Industry Trends
o Opportunity to learn Tips and Tricks to crack Industry Interviews
4. iElite – Programme Deployment
o Organize Workshops for creating awareness about Industry Oriented technology + soft skill competency
o Prepare iElite Programme Rollout Plan
o Review the roll out plan with the respective College / University
o Announce the Programme Schedule
o Deliver Training and Courseware
o Assess students’ performance
o Record Progress
o Provide feedback to students
o Mentor / Counsel students
o Issue Certificates
o Collect feedback regarding iElite Programme from Students, College and Industry
o Incorporate feedback to improve iElite
5. iElite Curriculum
An indicative curriculum has been outlined below:
• System Implementation Skills
o IBM Platform Training
• Soft Skills
o Understanding the Big Picture of a Project – Asking the right questions
o Personal Accountability and Taking Responsibility
o Understanding Project Performance Expectations
o Time Management
o Wearing multiple hats and ensuring Project delivery
o Preparing for Business Communication – Understanding the Objective and Audience
o Listening Skills, Body Language
o Presentations, Meetings, Interviews
o One to One communication visa-vis Group Communication
o Proactive Communication
o Status Reports, Appraisals / Feedback
o Basic Email and Phone Etiquette
o Preparation for Customer Visits – How to behave in front of your client
o Global / Multi lingual / Cultural Team – DO’s and DONT’s
ph: +919840343707 alt: +918088530576
First Floor, Sarathy Nagar, Second Street
Chennai, Tamilnadu 600043
The DNS protocol is an important part of the web’s infrastructure, serving as the Internet’s “phone book”. Every time you visit a website, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Complex pages often require multiple DNS lookups before they complete loading. As a result, the average Internet user performs hundreds of DNS lookups each day, that collectively can slow down his or her browsing experience.
We believe that a faster DNS infrastructure could significantly improve the browsing experience for all web users. To enhance DNS speed but to also improve security and validity of results, Google Public DNS is trying a few different approaches that we are sharing with the broader web community through our documentation:
- Speed: Resolver-side cache misses are one of the primary contributors to sluggish DNS responses. Clever caching techniques can help increase the speed of these responses. Google Public DNS implements prefetching: before the TTL on a record expires, we refresh the record continuously, asychronously and independently of user requests for a large number of popular domains. This allows Google Public DNS to serve many DNS requests in the round trip time it takes a packet to travel to our servers and back.
- Security: DNS is vulnerable to spoofing attacks that can poison the cache of a nameserver and can route all its users to a malicious website. Until new protocols like DNSSEC get widely adopted, resolvers need to take additional measures to keep their caches secure. Google Public DNS makes it more difficult for attackers to spoof valid responses by randomizing the case of query names and including additional data in its DNS messages.
- Validity: Google Public DNS complies with the DNS standards and gives the user the exact response his or her computer expects without performing any blocking, filtering, or redirection that may hamper a user’s browsing experience.
We hope that you will help us test these improvements by using the Google Public DNS service today, from wherever you are in the world. We plan to share what we learn from this experimental rollout of Google Public DNS with the broader web community and other DNS providers, to improve the browsing experience for Internet users globally.
By Prem Ramaswami, Public DNS Team
I found this article at: http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2009/12/introducing-google-public-dns-new-dns.htmlRead More